Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
The Senior Manager, Operations works across process review and improvements for the Creative Media and Marketing departments. Identifying and executing a planned process improvement roadmap and solving ad hoc issues as required.
They are a key partner to Creative Directors and Project Leads – understanding the balance of supporting the integrity of the creative process with the commercial needs of the business. Provide the required support to the creative teams to be able to successfully deliver against the Marketing strategy and calendar.
The Senior Manager, Operations also acts as the business link between shared Burberry Business Services and the Creative Media Department. This includes understanding the impact and preparing the team for Finance, Recruitment, IT, Procurement and Legal programs.
There are 5 key Pillars the Operations Manager will look after.
1. Creative Operations / Studio Management: Ensuring the appropriate cross-departmental process in place to facilitate delivery against the Marketing Strategy & Calendar.
o Process Mapping & Improvements – build out the annual roadmap for key departmental process improvements and programs. Support change management and implementation of new processes. Partner with Project Leads to ensure that processes are allowing for work to be delivered on time and on budget. Optimizing and re-working as required.
o Capacity Planning – work with Global Marketing & Channel Marketing to understand long term plans and build out capacity plans to ensure the creative media department is staffed accordingly to deliver against marketing’s strategy and calendar.
o Day to Day Operations – partner with senior marketing and creative stakeholders to manage CMD’s day-to-day operations and team resourcing. Ensuring CMD has the right level of support to deliver to the marketing strategy & calendar. This includes the line management of the Traffic & Resource Manager and their focus on work into the department and resourcing of the creative teams.
o Operational KPIs – support the development of KPI metrics to support senior data driven decision making.
o Freelance Budgets – Optimizing people spend to ensure best use of budget across freelance, FTC and permanent employees.
o MSP Management – acting as a key stakeholder for the Managed Service Provider on contingent labour requirements. Attend regular meetings and work with the supplier on ongoing improvements plan.
RESPONISIBILITIES PART 2
2. Financial Planning & Budget Management Support: Ensuring teams have adequate financial support and visibility throughout the year.
o Budget Planning, Tracking & Management across department budgets.
o Supporting the Finance Team with reporting, tracking and analyzing spend as required.
3. Tools and IT Planning & Development: Ensuring teams have the right tools in place to do their jobs.
o Tool Management – identify opportunities for tool implementation that support efficiency, effectiveness or collaboration of workflows. Manage the procurement and implementation of new tools and be an ambassador for existing tools.
o Support the IT department’s annual roadmap and any in-department actions related to the roll out of IT projects.
4. Legal Support & Documentation: Ensure teams have the right legal compliance and protection in place.
o Working with teams on appropriate usage of contracts, confidentiality, non-disclosure and other legal agreements. Ensuring Burberry Legal processes are adhered to.
5. Procurement & Agency Partnerships
o Liaise with Procurement to onboard new suppliers/vendors including formal and informal RFPs.
o Support on roll out of new Procurement Programs.
o Seek out and meet with potential partner agencies for outsourced workstreams.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Resource Management, Operations, Studio Management and Project Management experience in a fast paced creative environment – either a creative agency or internal marketing & communications department.
• Experience working on process improvements and/or supporting change management programs.
• Proven track record building successful partnerships with creative teams.
• An ability to analyse processes and data and re-work into new ways of working.
• Experience recruiting a cross section of creative roles including Art Direction, Graphic Design, Event Design, Shoot Production, Post Production and Project Management.
• Previous experience using Asana would be an asset.
• Experience setting up new digital tools/applications.
• Strong budget and financial management experience.
• Ability to build rapport and work cross-functionally across Burberry.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
• Effective usage of resource and budgets
• Budget targets met
• Successful roll out of IT/Digital Tools
• Team compliance for freelance and contract workers
• Building effective relationships with internal and external teams
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || MARKETING || CENTRAL – CONTENT || n/a ||