Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Trident Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As an ICU RN you can be a part of change.
Trident Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
* Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
* Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
* Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
* Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
* Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
* 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
* Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
* Colleague recognition program
* Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits ((url removed))
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) ICU RN Weekends Only. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
In collaboration with the patient, the patients family, and other members of the health care team, theCritical Care Registered Nurseis responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the nursing department. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
* You will understand patients with critical illness and vent management. You will have the ability to respond to Code Blue within the facility and initiate protocol, special procedures and cardiac monitoring
* You will manage efficient flow of patients including screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging or testing and admissions
* You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions
* You will maintain and review patients records including posting tests and examination results
* You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
* You will check rooms daily for necessary supplies
* You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
What qualifications you may need:
* Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate’s Degree in Nursing or higher is required
* Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
* A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
* A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is preferred and required to be obtained within 6 months of hire/transfer date
* Prior acute care Registered Nurse experience required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Trident Medical Center ((url removed)(phone number removed).LRCPrimaryRequisitionForm?action=UpdateOpen&list=JobRequisition%281,_niu_%29.HCAJobRequisitionLRCRecruiterApplicantsDashboard&csk.lidkey=6c1c5c1ea968a432ae27aa06e4c73e17&nextDisabled=true&sortOrderName=JobRequisition.SymbolicKey&previousDisabled=true&fc.JobRequisition=equals%(phone number removed)&fk=JobRequisition%(phone number removed)&firstDisabled=true&lastDisabled=true&hasPrevious=false&pageSize=200&hasNext=false&isAscending=false&lk=JobRequisition%(phone number removed)&pk=JobRequisition%(phone number removed) is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA Healthcare network. Our hospitals services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nations top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
‘There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it.’ – Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our ICU RN Weekends Only opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our...Apply For This Job
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health Mercy St. Charles Full Time and Part Time Day and Night...Apply For This Job
*POSITION OVERVIEW* The Exploris School is looking for an innovative elementary teacher. Our elementary teachers collaborate with a co-teacher, often...Apply For This Job
*POSITION OVERVIEW* dormakaba is seeking a Welder to join our Operations team in Reamstown, PA! This position is responsible for...Apply For This Job
At Clario, we put people first, always. We are united and driven by patients, committed to making a difference, and...Apply For This Job
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health New hires eligible for $3k sign-on bonus! This is a collective...Apply For This Job