Tankstar USA, Inc. has an opening for a full-time Human Resources Specialist (Payroll & Benefits) at our corporate office in Milwaukee, WI. This position is hourly.
POSITION PURPOSE: This individual will be responsible for ensuring that all employees’ health and life benefits are administered according to contracts and policies in place. They will also be responsible for the administration of selected human resource systems as well as providing support to others within the department.
1. Ensure that all hired employees, that are qualified, are offered health benefits.
2. Administration of the Wellness Program.
3. Coordinate with COBRA TPA of all terminations in health coverage.
4. Perform monthly self-billing for applicable benefits line of coverage.
5. Prepare employer forms for Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability claims.
6. Administration of union dues billing.
7. Process monthly health and welfare, and pension billing.
8. Act as back up for Payroll.
9. Prepare weekly reports, maintain records and handle other administrative duties.
10. Other duties as determined by Director of Human Resources. Duties may be changed at the desire of management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to use a computer keyboard to make input. Must be able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time using a keyboard.
QUALIFICATIONS: College degree in Human Resources or related field, or minimum of two years of Human Resource generalist experience.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office.
2. Ability to work on multiple tasks throughout the day.
3. Detail orientated.
4. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
5. Good math skills.
6. Ability to work in a team environment.
As a Tankstar USA, Inc. and affiliated companies (including Schwerman Trucking Co., Rogers Cartage Co., North American Bulk Transport, Inc. and Bulk Logistics , Inc.), employee you will be part of a team that is committed…
1. To working safely, legally, and with security in mind.
2. To reducing our impact on the environment by promoting pollution prevention, waste reduction, recycling and energy conservation.
3. To operating ethically and in accordance with the Guiding Principles of Responsible Care.
4. To seek continuous environmental, health, safety, and security performance improvement in all areas of our operation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $24.50 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location