Perry Ellis International, Inc. represents a diverse portfolio of lifestyle apparel brands. The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiaries owns and licenses nationally and internationally recognized brands including: Perry Ellis®, Original Penguin® by Munsingwear®, Laundry by Shelli Segal®, Rafaella®, Cubavera®, Ben Hogan®, Savane®, Grand Slam®, John Henry®, Manhattan®, Axist®, Jantzen® and Farah®. The Company enhances its roster of brands by licensing trademarks from third parties, including: Nike® and Jag® for swimwear, and Callaway®, PGA TOUR®, and Jack Nicklaus® for golf apparel.
We are currently looking for a Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis to join our team in Miami, FL!
Responsible for the financial control of the Golf Division operations with emphasis on increasing profitability, internal reporting/analysis improving process efficiencies, reducing costs, and leading business improvement projects.
* Daily interaction with divisional president, sales vice presidents, CFO, Corporate accounting & Finance, Corporate staff, plus the CEO as needed.
* Direct the preparation of the annual budget, monthly sales forecasts, and quarterly income statement forecasts.
* Update monthly gross margin forecasts.
* Prepare quarterly inventory reserve calculations and quarterly accounts receivable reserve calculations.
* Communicate financial results and expectations to business unit management.
* Analyze monthly financial results for all business units compared to budget and prior year.
* Work with retail and wholesale planning in forecasting retail margin support and maintaining proper inventory levels
* Prepare and present ad hoc analyses as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Proficient with Google Drive/Applications or related software.
* Understanding of financial systems and ability to convey control objects.
* Proficient in Excel, Hyperion Essbase, plus in house operating systems.
* Ability to balance corporate demands and objectives as defined by CFO and divisional goals and objectives as defined by divisional presidents.
* Ability to successfully accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously with inflexible deadlines.
* Ability to handle stressful situations from all directions of the organization
* Proactive mindset and ability to see developing issues related to the business
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Excellent sales and customer service skills.
* Excellent organizational, meeting, and presentation skills.
* Strong financial, operational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting, or related field
* Minimum 7 years of work experience plus management experience
* CPA and/or MBA a plus
* Experience in Apparel industry a plus