Perry Ellis International, Inc. represents a diverse portfolio of lifestyle apparel brands. The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiaries owns and licenses nationally and internationally recognized brands including: Perry Ellis®, Original Penguin® by Munsingwear®, Laundry by Shelli Segal®, Rafaella®, Cubavera®, Ben Hogan®, Savane®, Grand Slam®, John Henry®, Manhattan®, Axist®, Jantzen® and Farah®. The Company enhances its roster of brands by licensing trademarks from third parties, including: Nike® and Jag® for swimwear, and Callaway®, PGA TOUR®, and Jack Nicklaus® for golf apparel.
Manage the development and execution of fashion product in accordance with agreed upon design, pricing and brand strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversee and maintain the design calendar and development process to ensure timely completion.
* Executes merchandising strategies and seasonal line plans to build profitable assortments that will meet internal margin goals.
* Manages national marketing strategies to finalize pricing and margins with sales, planning, sourcing and management
* Understand target customer….shop retail stores to provide competitive analysis to enhance brand strategies and opportunities
* Research in conjunction with design new fabrics and concepts and communicate market trends to identify new business opportunities
* Analyze retail sales with planning and design team to identify opportunities
* Support sales staff in all design related needs
* Work with marketing department to ensure brand image is consistent
* Attend market appointments with accounts as necessary
* Interface with all functional areas of the business (design, sales, sourcing, marketing) to maintain common vision for the brand
* Responsible for creating and adhering to annual budgets for samples and travel
* Work directly with upper management on all facets of merchandising and design projects
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of product development process
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to prioritize and multitask
* Strong analytical and decision making skills
* Ability to interact with varying personalities
* 3-5 years merchandising experience
* BA or BS Degree
* Must have ability to present a professional and informative product and trend assortment to those both inside and outside the organization
* Proficient in MS Office and Google
* Knowledge of product development process and brand management
* Knowledge of retail math