The Designer is responsible and accountable for the entire design process from conception to production for multiple brands.
* Responsible for trend research, inspiration, color selection, illustrator sketches, 3D CAD design, fit comments and final product execution.
* Partner with director of design and SVP of design in creating brand identity with a creative and current design approach.
* Partners with director of design and SVP of design to provide clear direction for fabric and print development team.
* Responsible for staying within the time and action calendar.
* Partners with the merchandising team to define seasonal time frames and ensure that creative goals and business goals are aligned.
* Demonstrate an advanced understanding of storytelling in regard to design and project intent.
* Ensure that the product meets the price point, tells a strong merchandising story and meets SKU requirements for the brand.
* Responsible for approval of sales samples to ensure garment is production ready.
* Directs and mentor’s assistant designers and interns.
* Partners with fabric team to develop new fabrications
* Some travel may be required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* High level of creativity with a passion for design
* Expert working knowledge of Adobe photoshop and illustrator; additional working knowledge of any other 3D rendering programs is a plus
* Knowledge of technical materials, construction methods and manufacturing processes for soft & hard goods
* Strong sketching/rendering skills.
* Strong sense of color and taste level
* Strong organizational, time management, communication and presentation skills .
* Ability to present in front of an audience
* Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Fashion Design, or related design education preferred.
* 5+ years of design experience in hats