Perry Ellis International, Inc. represents a diverse portfolio of lifestyle apparel brands. The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiaries owns and licenses nationally and internationally recognized brands including: Perry Ellis®, Original Penguin® by Munsingwear®, Laundry by Shelli Segal®, Rafaella®, Cubavera®, Ben Hogan®, Savane®, Grand Slam®, John Henry®, Manhattan®, Axist®, Jantzen® and Farah®. The Company enhances its roster of brands by licensing trademarks from third parties, including: Nike® and Jag® for swimwear, and Callaway®, PGA TOUR®, and Jack Nicklaus® for golf apparel.
We are currently looking for an Account Executive to join our team in Miami, FL to sell our Golf Apparel.
Perry Ellis International is seeking a dynamic, high-performing sales professional responsible for achieving or exceeding quantified sales budgets set for each account, for both Brick & Mortar and Ecom channels, by representing Perry Ellis International product, image, policies, goals and objectives, while maintaining the budgeted profit goals. This role will be responsible for managing an established client base, as well as proactively hunting and closing new business.
* Build and develop financial budgets by account, by brand, by product categories to ensure gross margin goals are achieved on a quarterly, and annual basis.
* Pre-meeting preparation with those involved to strategize and organize.
* Meet with buyers, and upper management to present product releases on a continuous basis, and sell to achieve set budgets for each account.
* Sales presentation set up/ follow through including: Meeting agendas and meeting recaps that are proactive and results oriented.
* Inventory management – move available to sell.
* Travel to accounts, and trade shows as necessary.
* Remain in frequent contact with the clients in your responsibility to understand their needs/ opportunities.
* Understand competitor’s strengths and weaknesses.
* Understanding the chargebacks process of each account. Research and establish action points to reduce them.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Proficient with Google Drive/Applications or related software.
* Must possess excellent communication, written, and interpersonal skills
* Detailed oriented and excellent organizational and time-management skills
* Ability to manage accounts independently
* Advanced knowledge of retail math
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to prioritize and multitask
* Knowledge of market research, sales, and negotiating principles
* Demonstrates competency to anticipate and capitalizing on the changing dynamics of the marketplace
* A business acumen
* Strong cross-group collaboration experience, capable of engaging with merchandising, planning, marketing and support organizations.
* 3 +years proven record in Sporting Goods, Sports Specialty or Off Course Golf apparel sales and/or retail buying experience.
* 4 year college degree