Great opportunity for someone to move up within a worldwide company. Great relocatino and benefits. Company loves to hire candidates who will or wants to be a manager someday.
This position reports to the HR Manager and supports the Human Resources function for a 750 employee, unionized plant. Will align business operations and Human Resources as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with company cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
• This position is responsible for managing others in delivering HR fundamentals such as, hourly payroll, employee benefits and general administration; ISO/audit protocols and compliance.
• Organizational effectiveness; assisting with succession planning and other HR strategies.
• HRIS systems (e.g. SAP, ADP), and related data base development and maintenance.
• Supporting and developing direct reports.
• Workforce planning and staffing; new hire on-boarding.
• Employee recognition; wellness initiatives; and employee communication.
• Other duties as assigned
• Effective interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Experience with SAP or other HRIS.
• Ability to coach employees and management through complex issues and make recommendations that are consistent with policies, procedures and governmental law.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 4 years of Human Resources Generalist experience required.
• 2 years supervisory experience.
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
• Union labor/relations experience is a must (contract interpretation, compliance, grievance, arbitration).
• Bachelor’s Degree is a must (Human Resources preferred).
• PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge/experience of Federal and State employment laws and other government compliance regulations.