Results oriented financial services executive with a proven track record of managing all Human Resource activities.Leads the Client’s overall Human Resources efforts. Works closely with the executive management team to drive the institution forward to achieve its strategic goals. Responsible for all aspects of Human Resources including employee acquisition, engagement, training, retention, policies & procedures, benefits management, salary administration, and regulatory & legal compliance. Ensures that the Human Resources function operates effectively across the entire Client employee base. Coordinates with Division leaders across the Client to effectively implement human resource policies and procedures.
Human Resources Director
1. Teamwork – Fosters overall team approach to Human Resources that effectively communicates with staff through active dialog and proactive programs. Helps create an environment where “excellence” is the objective andinfuses this in all aspects of Human Resources. Works with all managers to coordinate all Human Resourcefunctions and ensure strategies/procedures/policies are administered and followed on a consistent basis.
2. Recruiting – Drives recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel required for the Client to achieveits strategic goals. Recruitment involves full-time personnel, part-time personnel, internships, and temporaryemployees. In conjunction with department leaders, develops recruiting strategies to attract employees with thedesired skill sets and personality traits necessary for success in an evolving financial services market. Focus onmaintaining a diverse workforce that is consistent with the markets we serve. Responsible for developing aneffective “on-boarding” program to orient new employees so they have a “world-class” experience from day one.
3. Career Pathing – develops and monitors career-pathing programs designed to keep employees engaged and provides the path they seek in their financial services career.
4. Training – oversees the development and implementation of a broad-based training program. The trainingprogram must be designed to address the core, technical skills new hires but also provide a path to “be a best in class” provider within their competitive peer group and expand general knowledge across all products and services. Training program can be a combination of inside and outside training to maximize effectiveness.
5. Compensation Management – Administers the compensation program to ensure it is competitive and consistent with market peers. Must include all forms of compensation from base salary to incentive-based compensation programs.
6. Performance Management – develops and administers a comprehensive performance management program that establishes goals and objectives for each employee to strive to meet. Assists in evaluation of reports,decisions, and results of department activity in relation to these established goals. Programs must set specificexpectations of performance and include rewards or consequences based on actual performance. Recommendsnew approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department andservices performed. Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
7. Administration – Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employeehandbook and policies and procedures manual.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRING PROFICIENCY
Leadership & Development
Human Resources Director
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
Diversity Equity and Inclusion leadership as well as SHRM certification is a plus
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, or equivalent, plus addition client related training
Eight (8) or more years related Human Resources experience and/or training
Equivalent combination of education and experience
Six (6) or more years of increasing supervisory experience through a Human Resources hierarchy
Knowledge of financial services
Thorough knowledge/understanding of employment compliance and regulatory issues
Experience with personal computer and software utilization
Mobility sufficient to perform activities required of position, including travel between locations
Manual dexterity for the functional operation of office equipment such as computers, calculators, etc
Ability to actively engage in necessary communications with both internal and external customers
Client is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer