* Position: Nurse Educator – Department Based
* Location: 5 South Searle (Onc/Med/Tele), Evanston Hospital
* Full Time/Part Time: Part-time, 20 hours per week
* Hours: Hours will be scheduled based on the need of the unit
* Required Travel: N/A
What you will need:
* License: Current professional nursing licensure in the State of Illinois
* Education: Bachelor or master’s degree in nursing is required; master’s degree in nursing preferred
* Certification: Board certification in area of clinical specialty or within one year of board eligibility
* Experience: Demonstrated clinical nursing expertise with a minimum of 3-to-5 years of nursing experience in a clinical practice setting, completion of a preceptor program and experience as a preceptor, experience as a champion’ and/or council participation
* Skills: Demonstrated effective leadership and interpersonal skills, proficient with Electronic Medical Record (EMR), competent in oral and written communication, basic competency in computer skills
What you will do:
* Act as clinical resource to staff; maintain visibility in the clinical environment for just-in-time learning facilitation and/or assisting in providing direct patient care
* Serve as clinical mentor and role model for new and existing staff
* Assist in the development and implementation of unit/service line/area-based competency requirements for nurses and patient care technicians
* Manage education and training processes/activities to foster learning using strategies that engage learners in critical inquiry, critical thinking, problem solving and to foster the development of competence in learners
* Organize and act as resource for on-unit in-services for new products, equipment, and policies/procedures/practices
* Design educational programs that employ a variety of teaching-learning strategies and the use of technology (if applicable, includes “skills days”)
* Provide guidance for nurses in the “Transition to Practice” program, assisting in identification of a unit-based, Evidence-Based project
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the U.S. The NorthShore system, headquartered in Evanston, Ill., includes six award-winning hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park, Northwest Community, Skokie, and Swedish. NorthShore comprises three exemplary physician networks, totaling more than 4,250 doctors across immediate, primary, specialty and complex care; and 170+ office locations and 35+ immediate care centers. NorthShore has an established reputation with more than 17,000 team members system-wide.
NorthShore is committed to excellence in its academic mission and supports teaching and research as the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to receive Magnet designationthe highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care. The system earned Magnet re-designation in 2019. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
At NorthShore University HealthSystem, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our mission to support our team members and patients – irrespective of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. We believe that by recognizing and embracing our differences we create an organization that welcomes all to contribute and grow.
We invite all candidates to our team, as we continue to build on the incredible value our diverse talent brings to our organization, our community and our patients.
Please explore our website ( Show Contact Detailswww.northshore.org ) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
: Jun 1, 2022, 12:01:31 PM
Gundersen Health System, based in La Crosse, WI is recruiting for a Urologist to join our collegial, fully integrated health...Apply For This Job
Position: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) *Increased Wages and $3,000 Sign on*Location: Black River FallsNEW WAGES – UP TO $23/HOUR!!! **$3,000...Apply For This Job
Job details Salary $85,000 – $105,000 a year Job Type Full-time Part-time Remote Qualifications Bachelor’s (Required) Cloud-based Computer Skills (G-Drive,...Apply For This Job
Why Mayo ClinicMayo Clinic is the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2022-2023) and ranked #1 in more...Apply For This Job
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES Implements and...Apply For This Job
Company: Mayo Clinic Industry: Healthcare / Medical Job Type: Full Time Country: United States State/Province: Florida City: Jacksonville Post Date: ...Apply For This Job