Partner and act as liaison with EMS department unit response and placement to ensure the efficient flow of Non-emergency transports and the incoming and outgoing telephone and radio submissions. Responsible for responding to calls for non-emergency assistance and in dispatching applicable rescue units. Provide dispatch to EMS Department Units, interact with EMS crews. Coordinate Non-Emergency Transportation requests from contracted facilities including wheelchair and BLS non-emergency transportation. Interact with contracted facilities to assist with movement of patients from contracted facilities. Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager.
Responsibilities A Day in the Life of an EMS Dispatcher at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
• Receives incoming and outgoing calls, differentiates between routine, priority and non-emergency and emergency messages and initiates and follows through on responses as required in a professional and caring manner, while maintaining confidentiality.
• May seek supervisor or leads assistance in difficult calls.
• Enters responses, calls and data into a computer aided dispatch system to ensure all regulations, standards, guidelines are in compliance and met.
• Complies with all local, state and federal safety and other laws, regulations and guidelines.
• Complies with all established Medical center and departmental rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Complies with established professional and occupational principles, standards, practices, and procedures.
• Collaborates with department members to ensure customer satisfaction and calls are answered in a timely and efficient manner.
• Accomplishes all aspects of the job in an operationally efficient, cost-effective and timely manner to ensure patient care is delivered.
• Manages time effectively to reduce downtime of Field Units.
Qualifications 1-year Customer Service Experience in Health Care setting or 1 Year Non-Emergent Dispatching Experience
• Emergency Medical Technician(Preferred), AHA-BLS CPR (Preferred and must obtain within three months of hire), and Basic Tele Communicator(Preferred) and Emergency Medical Dispatch (preferred).
• Familiar with computer aided dispatch, dispatch software, UHF/ VHF and other radio frequencies.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!