Mercy Health St. Rita’s Hospital
Responsible for administering the full range of therapeutic and diagnostic procedures within the scope of services of the Respiratory Care Department as outlined by the State of Ohio’s Respiratory Care Board in either a hospital or skilled nursing setting. The therapist will participate in continuously improving the process of care delivered to the patient. They will promote a positive climate for interpersonal and interdepartmental relationships. They will assist in the assessment and recommendation of care delivery options as outlined by hospital policies and protocols.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of Respiratory Care techniques, practices, and procedures at a level normally acquired through completion of an Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science degree in Respiratory Care Sciences, at an AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program, or completion of an AMA-approved Respiratory Care Technology Program.
2. Has obtained either a limited permit or a Respiratory Care Practitioner License from the State of Ohio, licensing them to practice Respiratory Care within the State of Ohio.
3. At least 3 – 6 months of clinical experience is preferred.
4. Current certification in CPR is required. Other training such as NALS, ACLS, and PALS may be necessary.
5. Good communication skills are necessary to effectively interact with patients, families, and staff.
6. Organizational skills needed to prioritize work assignments.
Working Conditions Reporting Relationships
· Normal patient care environment with little exposure to noise, dust, temperature, and the like.
· Frequent exposure to radiation with little chance of injury when established safety procedures are followed.
· Substantial physical effort exerted up to fifty percent of work time.
· Ability to walk, stand, and bend more than eighty percent of the time.
· Frequent (fifty to eighty percent of work time) exposure to adverse conditions.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
Prescription drug coverage
Flexible spending accounts
Life insurance w/AD&D
Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
Paid time off
And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Respiratory Therapy – St. Rita’s
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email (url removed). If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at (url removed)
Job Description Have you considered a career in healthcare? You may hear that a lot these days, the healthcare industry...Apply For This Job
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our...Apply For This Job
Sales business function is responsible for growing Basware’s cloud revenue via new customer acquisition and by driving expansion within a...Apply For This Job
Who Are We? Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this...Apply For This Job
At Taco Bell, we’re hungry for Mas. Mas Heart, Mas Flavor and Mas Value. If you want Mas in your...Apply For This Job
Description Introduction Henrico Doctors’ Hospital Forest is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently....Apply For This Job