Teaching: 5 years (Preferred)
Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Enthusiastic, engaging and reliable high school or college biology teachers are wanted to teach one or multiple weekly one-hour lessons (such as cell biology and genetics) with 8th to 12th grade level students (native or near native speaker) located abroad. Position is responsible for creating virtual learning environment that develops students’ understanding of basic life science concepts as well as problem solving skills and critical thinking skills.
1. Develop lesson plans, curricula, and supplementary instructional resources that guide and challenge students.
2. Provide individualized and small group instruction online to address the needs of students.
3. Encourage students to think independently and critically.
4. Develop relevant assignments, quizzes and tests.
5. Grade student assignments.
6. Assess each student’s skill level.
7. Evaluate each student’s progress in meeting the course standards.
8. Communicate with counselors on student progress.
9. Prepare report cards and keep appropriate records.
10. Attend meetings with parents and staff.
1. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field such as biology and biochemistry.
2. A state board teaching certification or professional license with appropriate endorsement.
3. Minimum 3 years of relevant teaching experience.
4. Ability to develop writing curricula and create lesson plans.
5. Comfortable working with students of different skill levels.
6. Dynamic, articulate, patient, reliable, fun-loving & professional.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
8. Familiar with current online teaching technology.
Compensation commensurate with experience
Please note: this is a part-time/contract position for a relatively new program teaching math and science lessons to middle school and high school students located abroad (some of whom are native or near native speakers). Classes are typically either one-on-one sessions or small group (3-5 students) lessons.The new hire may teach 1-2 hours per week initially. Our classes are normally scheduled between 6:00am and 9:00am US Eastern Time, Mon-Fri and possibly on weekends (mornings and evenings).
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $1,500.00 – $7,500.00 per year
Work Location: Remote