Land ‘N Sea Inc., founded in 1958, is a global leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of quality women’s and children’s sportswear.
Land ’N Sea offers a wide assortment of private label, branded, and licensed products across a variety of retail price points. Land ‘N Sea manufactures over 30 million units each year, and distributes product via national specialty stores, mass merchants, and discounters in North America, Europe and Australia.
Over the past 60 years, Land ’N Sea has forged deep customer relationships and established a strong reputation for excellence. We consistently produce the highest quality product possible by utilizing our robust sourcing network and leveraging our extensive experience manufacturing and distributing apparel
We are looking for an Associate Designer in Women’s Wear. We prefer someone who has some years of industry experience and completed a four-year degree from one of the prestigious Fashion Schools in NYC. There will be some menial work in support of the design team, but at the same time, you will be participating in every stage of Design. Land ’N Sea is a stable, well organized company with celebrity and mass-market lines that are booming. The company has a great, congenial atmosphere, and we will be looking for someone with a complementary disposition.
Associate Level/ 55K non-negotiable with Health Care
– Fashion BFA Degree
-4 years of Industry Experience
– Willing to work in our office with COVID restrictions. Company takes into account the seriousness of this virus. Protocols of temperature readings, sign-ins, 6 feet distance, and the appropriate wearing of masks at all times except for eating lunch in the lunchroom (at a distance).
– Computer skills: Adobe Illustrator and Adobe photoshop an absolute MUST and Microsoft programs
– Good knowledge of how to spec a garment
– Good knowledge of fabrication
-Good knowledge of prints- concept to strike-offs to bulk production
-Will track the print approval process
– Able to run errands to vendors in NYC as well as FEDEX for shipping to clients across country
– Able to help our sample room Manager/ Seamstress with fabrication and trim organization
-Able to check in garments and steamed them for presentation
– Quick to learn new computer skills – we will teach you our PLM system we use in creating Technical Packages (an industry must)
– Organized individual – will be asked to file information and brand content into binders for easy access
– Great communication skills necessary to balance workload amongst several designers and managers
– Able to stay focused and avoid distractions
– Punctual – office hours are 9-5 with a required one-hour lunch break.
– Able to work late occasionally in order to meet deadlines.
Please submit Resume and Samples of your work. Online Portfolio is even better!
Looking forward to seeing your work!
Land ’N Sea Inc.