• Competitive compensation and rewards
• Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
• Powerful savings programs
• Training and career progression
Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager effectively delivers both tactical and strategic support and partnership at our dairy plant located in Spencer WI. The individual partners with the Area HR Manager and team in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating HR activities. Supports efforts related to positive employee relations, strong partnership as part of the plant leadership team (PLT) and takes a proactive role in shaping the plant environment to encourage continuous improvement and driving world class results in cost, quality, service, people, and environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employee Relations Responsibilities:
• Strong Leadership and knowledge of Wisconsin Labor Law, mandatory training and providing coaching guidance to Plant Leaders and teams.
• Leads initiatives to foster positive employee relations, an engaged workforce, a positive culture, and effective communication throughout the plant by working collaboratively with leaders and hourly employees.
• Leads Land O’Lakes Listens Survey Process and ensures robust action plans are created and executed.
• Provides guidance on the application and interpretation of the Collective Bargaining agreement, policies and practices and ensures compliance with all applicable laws.
• Coaches leaders on how to solve employee relations issues.
• Partners with plant leadership to consistently and fairly apply disciplinary actions and improvement plans.
• Responds to employee complaints by leading investigations, researching issues, managing Connect Call responses, and serves as a contact person with outside agencies.
• Builds a working partnership with the Centers of Excellence, Director of Employee and Labor Relations and with Corporate Legal Counsel.
Talent Management Responsibilities:
• Partners with Talent Acquisition and supports recruiting strategies to attract and retain top talent for both salaried and hourly positions.
• Manages selection process to include screening, interviewing, assessing candidates, and recommending finalists.
• Ensures recruiting strategies and sources are focused on achieving diversity goals and AAP actions.
• Implements corporate wide programs related to performance management, talent and succession planning, and career development.
• Supports learning and development strategy to include analyzing needs, delivering training, securing corporate training resources, and analyzing results.
• Ensures compliance related to required training.
• Provides work direction to two HR administrative positions and provides leadership and guidance on day-to-day work.
• Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field and eight (8) years’ experience (minimum) in Human Resources with concentration in employee/labor relations and manufacturing required.
• Strong leadership, communication skills (in both small and large groups) and ability to influence, lead, and drive change in a complex manufacturing environment.
• Proficient in Wisconsin Labor Laws and current legislation.
• Ability to engage with employees of all levels in a manufacturing facility including “management by walking around.”
• Ability to effectively collaborate with local, regional, and corporate HR teams to achieve plant objectives.
• Experience coaching all levels of leadership.
• Ability to travel minimum 10% of the time, some overnight may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Highly Preferred:
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Human Resources, Labor Relations, or a related field.
• Human Resources certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP).
• Familiarity with ADP/E-Time payroll and Workday (ERP) systems.
• Project management experience applicable to Human Resources, cross-functional initiatives and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement.
• Working knowledge of financial statements/principles/concepts.
• Bold leadership style and intellectually curious personality to build and sustain relationships at all levels in the organization and has audacity and courage to respectfully challenge others to make solid business and people decisions.
• Strong level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
• Strong verbal, written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills. Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Strong detail orientation and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to support a 24/5 manufacturing business.
• Experience and career history with “Fortune 500” type companies strongly desired.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.