Position Purpose: The incumbent will coordinate the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The role carries out responsibilities in some or all the following functional areas: HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems), site policies and practices, training and development, benefits, compensation, selection, employment and orientation, recognition, and performance management.
Scope: This position reports to the HR Manager. The incumbent contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture; develops and assists in implementing plans throughout the facility relative to increased employee engagement; supports implementation of plans for improved human resources practices facility-wide.
Support the human resources function in conformance with established policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards to ensure the organization’s ability to attract, develop, and retain the best employees in order to achieve mill objectives.
• Establish and maintain a high level of visibility and accessibility to all team members delivering the ability to meet employee needs with a high level of trust and respect.
• Manage employee payroll process to include pay changes, crew changes, payroll deductions, payroll reimbursements, and fire brigade pay, and quarterly incentive pay plan
• Coordinate the facility’s hourly recruitment process to include job requisition process, advertising, testing, interviews and hiring.
• Manage hourly orientation and onboarding process.
• Support the facility diversity efforts to ensure the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Provide leadership and training to ensure that all employees respect and value individual differences.
• Benefit liaison for mill to include communicating with and assisting employees concerning leave of absence, working with appropriate contacts to administer leave of absence, and coordination and communication of annual benefit changes.
• Coordinate and support facilitation of myVoice engagement survey and support implementation of action plans that close areas of opportunity and motivate employees to do their best work.
• Maintain UltiPro & Workday to include providing access, reporting, and inputting employee changes (separations, leave of absence, etc.).
• Maintain employee personnel files.
• Manage and facilitate the annual Affirmative Action Plan and quarterly EEO reporting for the Berkeley site.
• Maintain compliance with all Corporate, Federal, and State requirements and ensure all compliance posters are up-to-date and posted.
• Support coaching and resourcing necessary to attain facility objectives for safety, quality, production, cost, and housekeeping objectives.
• Provide guidance and administration of annual general wage increases for mill employees.
• Maintain required mill tracking and reporting such as headcount, overtime, attendance, discipline, training, and performance management.
• Maintain retirement/hiring forecasts and provide retirement process guidance for upcoming retirees.
• Facilitate employee events and recognition.
• Manage mill uniform program.
• Maintain and update HR files for document control in ETQ.
• Maintain and update mill HR policies on KC&Me.
• Coordination of United Way initiatives.
• Coordinate charitable and community relations activities and contributions within an established budget.
• General administrative duties as assigned.
• Other duties to support mill objectives as assigned.
Qualifications / Education and Experience Required:
• This position requires an Associate’s degree and/or equivalent experience with a minimum of 2-4 years HR experience in a manufacturing environment.
• General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
• Experience in administration of HR programs.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to self-coordinate, prioritize work assignments and make decisions and recommendations.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Ability to communicate throughout the organization in written and verbal form.
• Attention to detail and the ability to analyze and interpret data reporting.
• Ability to be a productive team member in both formal and informal settings.
• Ability to achieve results in a dynamic environment
• Ability to h andle complex and sensitive matters with the strictest confidence.
• Proficiency in MS office software and ability to understand, navigate, and use existing systems. SAP and Workday experience preferred.
• PHR (Professional in Human Resources) preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life with well-known brands that matter every day – at home, school, work and on the go. Throughout our 148 years, we have challenged conventional wisdom to innovate products that better meet the needs of consumers. We have created new categories with top brands like Kleenex®, and redefined categories with Huggies® and U by Kotex®.
While growing our $18+ billion global business, we help build careers through collaborative teams that push boundaries and endless opportunities to work with some of the world’s most recognized brands.
Our 43,000 employees are changing the world for the better, too, generously giving back to communities and causes around the globe.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position. For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law. With an inclusive culture, our employees – and the original thinking they bring to Kimberly-Clark – make us stronger. EOE disability/vet. K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: