About Kendra Scott
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
If you’re passionate about using data to drive business decisions, this may be the role for you! We are looking for an experienced individual to fill the Senior Manager, Customer Insights and Analytics role. This role will lead analytical and strategic initiatives that drive growth and efficiency. You will work directly with business stakeholders and various cross-functional departments to successfully implement key analytical initiatives. You will impact our business by analyzing complex datasets and focusing on complex business questions.
This role is a blend of hands-on and executive level work — to succeed you will need to enjoy rolling up your sleeves to dig into the data, lead a team and contribute to the overall business strategy.
• Drive the strategy and implementation of large, high visibility analytics projects that maximize our data, tools and platforms to drive alignment and create scale for the analytics community.
• Partner with cross-functional teams (marketing, merchandising, finance, etc) to drive transformative analytical initiatives that have business impact
• Build new programs to drive excellence in the analytics organization, including business case development, operating models, team governance, and feedback loops.
• Collaborate with business stakeholder to gather requirements in order to deliver complete analytical solutions
• Work with other business teams to enhance cross department collaboration and shared analytical learnings
• Support the leadership team in developing and delivering clear and impactful analytical updates on business strategy and performance
• Take initiative to identify current and potential problems and recommend the best solution given the tradeoffs, building business models to support your case when applicable.
• Proactively communicate across various levels of the organization; able to influence business partners and senior leaders with audience appropriate messages and relevant information. This will also include contributing to the team culture by spreading enthusiasm and encouraging goodwill towards the team.
• Frame complex business problems as an analytics problem and concrete set of analytical tasks.
• Determine analytically valid approaches, appropriate in terms of level of effort, favoring iterative delivery that solves for the objective, not the ask (i.e. not just order-taking).
• Manage small team of Analysts: prioritizing their work, providing guidance on analysis, and providing development opportunities
• Lead, mentor, and engage analysts to deliver high impact projects in alignment with organizational objectives.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelors, Master’s or Equivalent Experience; Mathematics, Science, Statistics degree or a related Technical field; or Equivalent related professional experience is applicable.
• 5+ years expertise in data science and/or data analytics, and experience leading analytics teams that have delivered business value
• Collaborate effectively with others building relationships with key stakeholders
• Experience leading multiple large-scale analytic projects
• Familiarity with analytical tools and statistical methods and a clear understanding of the capabilities and limitations of various techniques
• Demonstrated ability to distill business requirements and asks down to a core problem, as well as pull data and extract insights that drive value with data insights and analysis
• Expertise in data modeling, predictive analytics
• Passion for data-driven research and inquiry
• Possess significant experience in at least one major ML programming language (Python, R, etc.) and familiar with others.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL to write complete, optimized queries across large volumes of data, along with use of data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik)
• Experience of big data architecture (streaming events, data lakes, analytics engines) and relational database models as it relates to analytics
• Clear, concise, accurate communication (both verbal and written) with audiences of varying technical abilities and business contexts
• Experience working closely with senior management (VP level decision-makers) to understand the needs and direction of the business and develop analytical solutions to drive the business forward.