About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Payroll Lead is a professional member of the Human Resources team and reports directly to the Senior Manager, Total Rewards. The primary responsibility of this role is calculating, accounting for, inputting and administering payroll. The job mission is to provide WOW customer service to internal teams by accurate and timely entry of all payroll functions from enrollment to paychecks.
Data Entry & Administration
• Input of confidential new employee data
• Follow through on new employee enrollment to ensure timely completion
• Timely and accurate input of bi-weekly payroll into payroll processing system, including hours, commissions, draws, PTO, salaries and bonuses.
• Timely and accurate update of confidential employee records including change in positions, pay, location, status and separation.
• Maintain employee files, follow enrollment guidelines and update employee records.
• Maintain and input employee PTO into payroll system based on current policies.
• Ensure appropriate pay rates for Holidays and Overtime based on current Company, State and Federal policies.
Accounting & Reporting
• Monthly calculation of commissions for all retail managers, retail staff and field event planners.
• Maintain commission files and store locations for all employees
• Bi-weekly time reporting for all hourly employees based on current pay period start and end dates.
• Liaison with department managers and retail managers to research time clock inconsistencies and ensure timely approvals of adjustments.
• Monthly reporting to monitor Full Time Equivalent employees based on current standards.
Federal, State & Local Compliance
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that all new state tax ID’s are filed for in a timely manner
• Research and file for local Tax ID’s were needed
• Maintain working knowledge of all federal payday laws as well as law updates. Assess company risk and make recommendations for changes
• Maintain working knowledge of all state and local law changes affecting payroll and create implementation plan and timeline for compliance
• Resolve all tax issues with payroll vendor
• Serve in a strategic role for suggestions in payroll vendor updates and payroll process changes.
• Research issues with employee pay, PTO, commissions, etc.
• Communicate and resolve issues promptly.
• Communicate challenges and opportunities for improvement to managers and teams.
• Work closely with Human Resources department on changes and updates to employee status, pay, commission structures, bonus eligibility, PTO, etc.
• Support Senior Accountant and team in other payroll projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience in payroll accounting and administration for a high-growth company
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery and reprioritize based on evolving business needs
• Must have experience in payroll for a company with locations in multiple states
• Must have experience with California Wage and Hour Laws
• ADP Workforce Now Experience is highly preferred
• Superior communication skills
• Superior organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to maintain discretion with confidential and personal information
• Provide excellent customer service to the rest of the organization
• A strong ability to build cross functional partnerships and work collaboratively
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy