We have an exciting career opportunity to build and foster our company’s holistic inventory management practices. Reporting to our Sr Manager, Operations, the Inventory Manager will drive internal and external financial accounting inventory policies in partnership with direct-to-consumer and wholesale channels. This role will be responsible for executing cycle counts and exception resolution for Kendra Scott’s distribution facilities. This opportunity also involves leading continuous improvement activities to reduce net adjustments, gross adjustments, and inventory shrinkage. In addition, the Inventory Manager will partner with cross functional teams to help drive understanding of inventory accuracy performance and identifying and correcting the causes of inventory inaccuracy. This role will be responsible for helping to drive corporate inventory objectives and partnering with Planning & Allocation to calculate, report, and root cause analysis on inventory levels.
• Drive consistent inventory results across the organization.
• Evaluate the end-to-end supply chain to determine the optimal positioning of inventory – i.e. finished goods, in process, raw material, supplier inventory, supplier’s supplier inventory etc. Quantify inventory buckets throughout the chain.
• Assists Inventory Accounting and external Auditors to ensure efficient processes and controls are in place.
• Coordinate monthly consolidation of inventory projections in partnership with Planning & Allocation to include a summary of risks, opportunities, and key actions.
• Communicate consolidated results to senior leaders.
• Actively participate in product life cycle management and transitions. Ensure SKU rationalization initiatives are operationally executed, and end of life inventory is dispositioned.
• Support the ongoing optimization of the processes with respect to both cost, efficiency, and timeliness.
• Develop goals for various segments of inventory to include performing and non-performing inventory, excess and obsolete, raw material, in process, finished goods.
• Maintain and improve inventory reporting for days of supply, inventory turns, inventory as a % to safety stock and inventory in relationship to entitlement.
• Partner with Planning to ensure safety stock holding strategies are aligned to forecast performance and capability. Develop quarterly review process and make safety stock adjustments as required.
• Leading the team who performs physical inventory cycle counts & recounts, with the primary goal of ensuring accuracy inventory levels are maintained to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Develop and lead training programs and hire plans for inventory control team members.
• Maintain an audit program to assure standardized work and processes are followed.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5-7+ years of experience in inventory management, supply chain, or finance.
• Proven leadership leading and driving Supply Chain initiatives.
• A demonstrated understanding of key drivers within the end-to-end supply chain and specifically the influence factors effecting inventory performance.
• Experience working with 3PLs and external inventory data sources.
• Collaborative experience working with key partners throughout the organization, specifically logistics, distribution, merchandising, production, product development/sourcing and finance
• Strong investigative and persuasive writing skills
• Ability to communicate complex issues, risks and opportunities in a concise manner with specific and complete information
• The ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and alter communication style to meet the audience need
• Demonstrated experience managing both in detail and at the strategic level to include data mining experience utilizing various data analytics tools and inventory platforms.
• Ability to understand the global impact of decision making to the entire organization
• The ability to act as a strong, cross-functional leader across the organization
• A proven track record of gaining support, collaborating, and driving results; the ability to drive decision making at all levels of the organization
• The ability to facilitate process improvements at all levels of the organization
• Passion for the brand and its core values: Family, Fashion, Philanthropy