Who We Are:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem-solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We’re looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Day in the Life:
Want to help us transform the retail industry? The ideal candidate has a strong social media strategy background, with experience in an in-house brand or agency. As Social Media Specialist, you will support and execute social media channel strategies designed to increase follower base, engagement and sales across multiple platforms. This role will be based in Toronto and will report to the Manager, Social Media
What You Will Do:
You are a digital native with experience managing social media channels for fashion and/or retail brands. You have strong communication skills and insight into social media trends and insights. You always build trust and strong relationships through collaboration and flawless execution with internal and external partners.
· Executing channel strategies for platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, Spotify, LinkedIn and new and emerging platforms
· Manage social media content calendar from priorities to execution, including collaboration with the content team on concepts and impactful influencer programs
· Edit/or create “sharable” captions for approved content when required, post content on appropriate platforms and measure the results of social marketing activity
· Develop channel reports with strong analysis and recommendations including weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting as required
· Keep an eye on community health, include sentiment, comments and direct messages
· Inspire and educate the organization with through thought-leadership on social and digital trends.
· Support event team with digital Social event integration and other duties as required
· Support budget tracking and invoice management
· Partner with customer care team to develop and maintain brand voice to drive positive engagement and mitigate customer issues through the appropriate forums and process
· Partner with merchant, marketing and store teams to ensure social media execution aligns to key business priorities and opportunities
· Proactive and reactive social listening and tracking against general brand health, competitor activity and other key topics
· Actively practice and evangelize customer-centric thinking
What You Will Need:
What You Can Expect:
About Hudson’s Bay:
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace – the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC. The Hudson’s Bay Rewards members share their passion for living a colourful life, and get rewarded for doing the things that bring them joy.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace – the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more. The Hudson’s Bay Rewards program is ranked second in department store loyalty programs in Canada. Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.