$36,000 – $45,000 a year
High school or equivalent (Required)
Day Shift (Required)
Show 2 more benefits
Shift: Monday – Friday 0700-1700 Eastern.
Logistics Engineers solve puzzles. They find ways to make freight move with limited resources of tractors, trailers, drivers, and time. They find freight to add to underutilized resources. They optimize for efficiency while maintaining common sense. They accomplish all of this within the boundaries of DOT regulations and safe work practices. This requires strategic planning and the ability to get along with your neighbor. Logistics Engineers need a nimble intellect to work in this environment as the arena of work is dynamic.
· Responsible for coordinating backhauls
· Locating and securing loads for drivers
· Planning shipments based on load requirements, equipment availability, driver availability and DOT regulations.
· Communication with drivers, customers, 3PLS, peers and other terminals
· Negotiation and follow up of contracts
· Data entry and booking of orders
· Duties involve planning & problem solving, communication and follow through.
· Requires you to develop competency with Holland Special software
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Word etc.
· Strong Logic skills
· Strong Math skills
· Ability to speak, read, write English Fluently.
· Ability to collaborate
· Strong Communications skills
· Nimble Intellect
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location