Full-Time Merchandiser – Luxury Retail – NYC and Metro Area
Upscale European manufacturer of fine intimate apparel, underwear, and sleepwear is seeking a Full-Time Merchandise Consultant to service high-end department stores for the NYC territory and surrounding metro areas.
Possible monthly and seasonal travel to Northern New Jersey, Long Island, Westchester County, Connecticut.
The ideal candidate should be centrally located in the New York area.
The candidate should be a highly motivated, self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Prove outstanding customer service for a luxury level shopping experience
• Establish and maintain relationships with store personnel. Proactively generate and share ideas with the Store Manager with ways to develop business opportunities and maximize sales to achieve or exceed goals.
• Master the extensive product line and effectively communicate selling points to customers and retail associates.
• Maintain store visual standards as well as company guidelines. Manage and keep the stock room organized. Find shipments, unpack and add security sensors.
• Drive the business and create your own success by being a self-starter and developing new ideas.
• Achieve seasonal sales goals.
• At least 1-2 years experience in luxury retail, preferably in the apparel industry. Intimate apparel experience required.
• Previously demonstrated successful sales experience with exceeding goals.
• High school graduate or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to physically maneuver and handle the merchandise. Lifting of up to 15 pounds may be required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Candidate must have reliable transportation and be proficient in both Word and Excel applications. They must be available to travel to attend National Sales Meetings. Territory involves some overnight stays.