BASIC SUMMARY: The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for providing consistent quality service through professional food and beverage service management in the Meeting & Events department. The Food & Beverage Manager – Events will manage banquets and events.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Must have High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
Previous leadership experience in hospitality environment preferred.
Beverages experience preferred.
Must have excellent organizational, administrative, communicative, guest relations, problem solving, and leadership skills.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license.
Must be able to possess a valid employee alcohol permit per Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco regulations.
Must be hands-on and able to perform hourly functions when needed.
Must always present a hospitality mentality–warm and generous.
Must always promote and ensure a teamwork and guest satisfaction environment.
Must be able to be certified in ServSafe, TIPS, and Delphi.
1. Maintains a professional behavior and demeanor at all times.
2. Sets example for attendance, service, appearance standards, and interpersonal communication.
3. Ensures effective solution oriented communication within the Meetings & Events department and with other departments throughout the Resort.
4. Implements and executes all banquet and events operational and administrative systems for food and beverage.
5. Ensures the beverage service policies of the company are strictly adhered to.
6. Assists in obtaining forecasted goals in areas of labor cost, expenses, and food and beverage costs.
7. Has thorough knowledge of banquet and event service procedures and standards.
8. Assists in interviewing staff for positions within the area of responsibility to maintain a high level of professionally trained associates.
9. Directs and supervises all staff in opening duties, execution of functions, and completion of closing duties.
10. Monitors weekly schedule to ensure staffing is appropriate to business levels.
11. Confirms the daily review and approval of all associate timecards.
12. Ensures associate possesses proper credentials, including employee alcohol permits and gaming license if necessary.
13. Directs and assists with operational duties during functions.
14. Actively involved in all personnel related issues including hiring, training, coaching, and counseling of assigned variable staff.
15. Ensures that all policies and procedures are adhered to; seeks guidance of Human Resources.
16. Assists in ongoing training of staff.
17. Ensures a clean, safe, and orderly area, both front and back of the house, for guests and associates.
18. Attends and conducts all meetings as required.
19. Provides direction and focus for the department in conjunction with the focus of the company as a whole via specific projects and areas of concentration.
20. Maintains department training manuals, as well as ensuring those points of training topics are identified and presented at monthly department meetings.
21. Maintains accurate client billing systems to maximize the highest possible revenue for the Resort.
22. Evaluates all associates on performance standards in accordance with Company policies. Evaluation forms should be completed candidly, objectively, and in a timely fashion. Offers guidance and sets time frames for performance improvement.
23. Provides assistance in other job classifications as determined necessary by leadership.
24. Attends and conducts meetings as required both within the department and within the property organizational structure.
25. Displays and teaches good professional guest satisfaction techniques.
26. Provides professional communication with guests and Meeting & Events Planning Managers and their staff to ensure maximum guest satisfaction and program success.
27. Performs other duties as reasonably requested by leadership.
For 124 years, the White Pass & Yukon Route railway is the most popular way to experience the thrill of...Apply For This Job
House In The Wood in Delavan Wisconsin is looking for staff to teach our students from Chicago Public Schools during a...Apply For This Job
Opportunity to work at the Caribou Hotel in Glennallen, Alaska!!! The Caribou Hotel, owned and operated by American Village of...Apply For This Job
Hotel Iroquois is a top-rated boutique hotel and fine dining restaurant on Northern Michigan’s Mackinac Island. National Geographic included Mackinac...Apply For This Job
We’re looking for friendly, fun, dynamic people who: Are reliable Versatile Make smart decisions Can bust butt in a fun, yet...Apply For This Job
Dates Needed: ASAP through Labor Day Weekend, 2022. The Position: Don’t be deceived by our name! YMCA of the Rockies...Apply For This Job