Our system includes three hospitals- Edward Hospital, Elmhurst Hospital and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health- and an extensive ambulatory care network that provides comprehensive healthcare to residents of the west and southwest suburbs of Chicago. The system has annual revenues of more than $1.5 billion, more than 60 locations across a service area of 1.7 million residents and nearly 8,500 employees. In addition to achieving Magnet status through the ANCC, both Edward and Elmhurst Hospitals have each earned an “A” in the prestigious Leapfrog Group’s Hospital safety grades.
Come join our system where we focus on a safe, seamless and personal patient experience!
Provides professional nursing care according in accordance with the Illinois Professional Registered Nurse Practice Act, and hospital policies and procedures. Employs critical thinking skills, assesses patients’ condition, recognizes changes, plans and evaluates care, monitors patients’ progress, and records pertinent observations. Delegates appropriate patient care tasks to other staff. Functions as a team member to fulfill unit goals. The following are general characteristics of this job, although duties may vary by assigned unit or shift.
Progressive Critical Care Unit
Locations: Elmhurst Hospital 155 E. Brush Hill Road
Hours: Part time. Will work 48 hours in a two-week pay period. Nights 7:00pm- 7:00am Rotate weekends and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Preferred Education, Skills and/or Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Nursing
2. Required Education, Skills and/or Experience:
* Associate Degree or higher in Nursing
* If Associate Degree in Nursing is the highest degree held, must graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing within five years of position start date (effective September 1, 2021)
* Current incumbents with an RN Diploma are grandfathered
* RN Diploma Nurse if position start date is prior to September 1, 2021
3. Required License and/or Certification:
* Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse licensure
* Current CPR Certification issued by either American Heart Association or American Red Cross
* EKG and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ALCS) preferred at hire, but within six months of start date into position
Edward-Elmhurst Health offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Medical and dental
Paid time off
Fitness Center Memberships
Parkview Health, the largest non-profit health system in northeast Indiana, is currently seeking a board eligible/board certified Hospitalist – Nocturnist...Apply For This Job
University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is a physician-led, internationally recognized healthcare system offering uniquely rewarding careers in major Maryland marketplaces. Create your...Apply For This Job
Position: Registered Nurse (Internal Traveler) Med/Surg 2 South Ecb Nights 7p – 7aThe Nurse, Clinical Internal Traveler assesses, plans, implements...Apply For This Job
Mercy Health St. Vincent Medical Center is Seeking a Cardiothoraci Surgeon About the Practice: Located at the Heart and Vascular...Apply For This Job
Pediatrics (Newborn Nursery Nurse Practitioner) – Nurse Practitioner Opportunity Palo Alto Foundation Medical Group is seeking a full time, certified...Apply For This Job
Why Mayo ClinicMayo Clinic is the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2022-2023) and ranked #1 in more...Apply For This Job