Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
Main focus of the role is to provide marker making and cutting, mock/ sample hand cutting to support style and method development to support Product Engineering Team. The trainee will learn from the current highly experienced hand cutter to pass skills to the next ‘Burberry’ generation future proofing the teams capabilities providing a quicker turn around time. Working with the Product Engineer to support fusing testing requirements on samples. Engage with Pattern Engineering team to understand pattern construction requirements, so minimal support is required when sample cutting & feedback can be provided. Supporting the end to end sample ownership within Product Engineering team- train to use automatic cutting machinery to enable Product Engineering team to be self-sufficient.
• Hand cutting- training provided.
• Marker making- training provided.
• Quality checking ensuring standards are met prior to providing cut work.
• Support Product Engineer with fusible testing. Ensure safe & efficient use of fusing machine, maintain correct fusible conditions according to fabric requirements.
• Ensure fabric inventory in Product Engineer is properly documented and recorded- stock management.
• Train and support laser cutting markers, with a goal to free up the team providing more available pattern resource.
• Link with Cutting Room and Product Engineer chasing sample cut work to ensure smooth communication.
• Undertake any duties to ensure the smooth process of sample cutting & marker making within the Product Engineering area.
• Provide support to Production team- if sampling capacity allows in agreement with Line Manager. #L1-CA1
• Strong organisational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Enthusiastic and keen to learn.
• Multi- tasker.
• Numeracy & good written English.
• Computer skills- Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Some cutting experience.
• Lectra System experience.
• Automatic cutting machine experience.
• Laser Cutting experience.