Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
To develop Raw Materials Engineering as an area of excellence within the upstream Technical Development phase for Burberry.
• Lead a team of Raw Materials and Finish experts on that align with the design’s vision and can provide real time technical expertise for elevated luxury products
• Provide guidance to a larger team representing one or more material subtypes / Categories
• Build relationships with experts in industry, academia, and trade associations to keep up to date on Technology and Product advances in Apparel & Accessories
• Expert Knowledge of capabilities and capacities, of Raw Material Suppliers in the matrix
• Lead Strategic Technical development of Raw Materials, through value engineering and enhanced technology
• Expert Knowledge on Material construction analysis and interpretation;
• Lead team in holding Suppliers accountable to company expectations and drive to improve performance
• Train team to trouble shoots all issues relating to Raw Materials development and arriving at effective, timely solutions
• Captain projects to directs deep dive analysis of Raw Material components and process in Core products thereby identify opportunities
• Lead team on technical approval process under supervision, including validation of material Specification and development testing results.
• Provide technical expertise and consultation to Design and Technical development teams
• Provides Technical and Leadership mentorship to team members.
• Build skills to influence and manage others without authority
• Collaborate and Take partners to brainstorm new strategic initiatives that will strengthen the business
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of latest government regulations, restrictions, safety protocols and performance standards for Raw Materials & Finished goods #L1-CA1