At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As a key member of the EMEIA Commercial Finance team, this role is responsible for providing commercial finance support for FP&A with a specific focus Capital, Real Estate, and Margin. You will be the key support to the Senior Finance Manager and Finance Director, providing insight for internal management reporting with relevant analysis to enable critical decisions.
• Overseeing weekly and monthly consolidation of sales reporting to SLT. Highlighting key trends in performance and identification of R&O for full year forecast.
• Responsible for EMEIA rolling forecast submission to group finance. Develop the rolling forecast independently and showing understanding of the underlying business
• Maintaining a timely and accurate summary of real estate movements both actuals and forecast
• Responsible for EMEIA Capex actuals consolidation and preparation of Capex Forecast to Group Finance, including Capex strategic planning investment (3YP)
• Responsible for identification of issues on capex actualization and highlight those issues to construction team and BBS (Burberry Business Services)
• Work directly with construction team in understanding capex cash spend to improve Capex Forecast
• Responsible for consolidation regional investment documents, reviewing and challenging assumptions while linking with the EMEIA sub-regions
• Responsible for EMEIA impairment process in the region by reviewing revenue growth rates and capex input assumptions.
• Preparation of robust budgets and forecasts, including system loads, reconciliations, and checks
• Work with BBS accounting teams to ensure monthly actuals are timely and accurate including associated variance analysis and commentary into what the numbers mean
• Understand recent trends and areas for improvement including risk and opportunities
• Responsible for preparing and submitting Group templates as part of Budget, Forecast submissions, Half Year and Year end closing. Develops direct communication and represents the region for any group finance queries
• Responding to ad hoc queries, and analysis as required. Prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis
• Contribute to drive profitability initiatives in the region.
• Deep understanding of key financial drivers across business to support scenario analysis and forecasting
• Drive continuous process improvements, promote best in class reporting, meaningful analysis and business insight
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree in Accounting, or related disciplines
• Experience in management reporting and financial analysis, preferably gained from retail environment
• Strong analytical skills, ability to quickly understand and interpret complex information. Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong Excel skills with experience of building and working with complex models and large data sets.
• Ability to build strong relationships, both with the wider Finance team globally and throughout the business.
• Pay attention to detail, dedicated, enthusiastic and self-motivated
• Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft application
• Knowledge in using SAP and BW preferable
• CAPEX and Margin or similar role within a large, listed, multinational company
• Advanced excel skills
• Experience of BPC an advantage
• Working within a multi territory, multi currency environment
• Retail experience preferable
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.