ABOUT BETA HEALTHCARE GROUP:
BETA Healthcare Group (BETA) is the largest professional liability insurer of hospitals on the west coast, providing coverage to more than 600 hospitals and healthcare facilities and provides workers’ compensation coverage for over 70,000 healthcare workers in California. BETA also has a long-established and growing commitment to physicians, providing medical professional liability coverage to nearly 7,600 physicians and more than 50 medical groups. Beyond primary liability and workers compensation coverage, BETA provides an entire suite of alternative risk and insurance services, including excess healthcare professional liability coverage, excess workers compensation coverage, third-party claims administration services, risk management consulting services and claims management consulting services. Whether with hospitals, medical groups, clinics or hospices, BETA has earned a reputation for financial strength, rate stability, quality service and breadth of coverage that is unparalleled in the industry. Company page: www.betahg.com.
IN THIS ROLE YOU HAVE
Systems administrator responsibilities:
• First point contact and responsible for all HRIS (Paycom, ATS, etc.) employee life-cycle transactions (new hire through termination)
• First point of contact and responsible for HRIS oversight, including data integrity and auditing. Assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS analyst also supports HRMS upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
• Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by Human Resources senior leadership prior to implementation.
• Serve as a key liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g. payroll). Provide overall project management support for an assigned Human Resources initiative.
• Collaborates and consults with payroll as necessary to ensure program compliance; reviews and takes appropriate action on payroll related information.
• Processes pay and position related transactions within HRIS (Paycom), including hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for government and other reporting.
Human Resources administrator responsibilities:
• Prepare spreadsheets, reports, employee announcements and presentations
• Provide support and guidance with Company programs, including annual health screenings, wellness challenges, Service Day, Open Enrollment, etc.
• Provide support and guidance in the coordination of company activities such as summer schedule, company recognition, special events, etc.
• Provide administrative support for Human Resources team.
• Set-up meetings, (incl. video conferences) or coordinate travel as requested.
• Participates in the research and implementation of assigned human resources-related training programs; coordinating and scheduling training programs for all locations, where appropriate; Employee Handbook; Special projects.
• Maintains and initiates ongoing enhancement of Human Resources section of BETAs Intranet.
• Completes Federal and State required documents and ensures all postings are up to date.
• Uses efficient and cost-effective approaches to integrate technology into the Human Resources function to improve and/or enhance processes.
• Participate on various committees, such as Wellness, Safety and Activities, as well as involved in special projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Minimum two years of Human Resources administrative experience.
• High school diploma required. Bachelors degree, with an emphasis in business management, human resources management or organizational development is preferred. Or in the alternative, demonstrated work experience in these areas.
• Advance-level skills and demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Windows environment (incl. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Direct hands-on experience with an HRIS, preferably Paycom, with the ability to create reports as required, using the report writing tools available, or creating custom reports/documents.
• Strong, demonstrated ability at attention to detail, work product accuracy and the analytical skills necessary to identify and solve workplace problems and issues.
• Demonstrated effectiveness with clear and concise communication skills (i.e. oral, written and presentation) that are persuasive and proactive, with an employee-centric emphasis.
• Commitment to excellence and high ethical standards, with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a group setting where team collaboration is critical and expected.
• Ability to travel to other office locations, inclusive of overnight travel from time-to-time.
The requirements listed below are representative of the physical ability required.
• Infrequent lifting of up to 20lbs may be necessary.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to type quickly, accurately and for prolonged periods.