LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT VALUES YOUR POTENTIAL?
A job with AT&T as an Outside Plant Technician can provide you with exactly that!
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary, company provided vehicles and tools and benefits that include medical, dental, paid vacation, and more!
Our Outside Plant Technicians install, maintain and repair services for our customers.
What you’ll do as an AT&T Outside Plant Technician:
1. Work with heavy duty power equipment and hand tools in the construction and repair of outside plant cable facilities, conduit and pole lines.
2. Load required tools and material into assigned Company vehicle with automatic transmission and drives or rides to work locations.
3. Drive vehicles with three or more axles or tow other vehicles of 6,000 pounds or more. Will be required to obtain Class A Driver’s License once on the job. (this includes passing a Federal DOT Medical Examination) Will be required to have taken and passed the Class A Driver’s License written test within six months.
4. All employees who hold a commercial vehicles driver’s license and, as part of their job function are required or may be required to operate a motor vehicle whose Gross Combination Weight rating of 26,001 or more pounds includes of a towed unit with a gross vehicle weight rating of more than 10,000 pounds or, is designated to transport 15 or more passengers, including the driver or, is of any size and is used in transporting hazardous materials requiring placarding under federal regulations will be required to participate in federally mandated drug and alcohol testing programs.
5. Receive verbal and/or written work orders and instructions form supervisor.
6. Review and analyze complex schematic drawings to determine work to be done, methods and sequence of tasks.
7. Perform various types of construction operations which all require heavy physical labor and lifting.
8. Required to follow standards and practices while meeting service deadlines.
9. Perform housekeeping duties for assigned Company vehicles and various work locations for the safety of the employee and protection of the facilities under construction.
10. Communicate and coordinate with other work groups to perform test on work in progress or completed work and obtains additional information regarding work assignment.
11. Perform preventative maintenance on all assigned company tools, equipment and motor vehicle.
12. Perform repetitive tasks, e.g., manually digging poles/and or holes.
13. Respond to customer inquiries about products, work operations, etc. during field contacts.
14. Use hand tools to connect wires to terminals and to attach and detach various kinds of hardware to cable, etc. Work with color coded wires.
15. Use testing equipment to check for gas in manholes and cleans water and debris from manholes.
16. Must meet specific quality, production and safety standards.
17. Work with tools, equipment and cable that may be heavy which have to be loaded and unloaded from Company vehicle, moved or rearranged.
18. Will be expected to be the Company’s and customer’s advocate.
19. Perform time reporting tasks on a daily basis.
20. May be required to climb non-stepped poles with the use of climbers.
Term employees are those engaged for a specific project or limited period with the definite understanding that their employment is to terminate upon completion of the project or at the end of the period. Employment is expected to continue for more than one (1) year, but no more than three (3) years.
Our Outside Plant Technicians must have the following:
Study Guides (click the links below to open the various study guides)