The Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) team aims to provide tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient, healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage their health and wellbeing. To support these goals, Amazon is seeking an experienced and innovative Onsite Medical Representative (OMR) to join our team. In this position, you will work closely with the WHS site manager, WHS specialist, and Injury Prevention Specialist (IPS). You will be required to independently evaluate and provide first aid (e.g., for musculoskeletal injuries), advise Amazon Associates (AAs) on occupational and non-occupational injuries, have great verbal communication skills, and be able to connect with AAs, as well as Amazon Managers. You should enjoy learning and applying your knowledge about health & wellness to provide care for AAs on a daily basis. You will refer care to outside medical providers as needed, and learn about OSHA regulations, risk, and analysis. Practical ergonomics experience is advantageous. However, ergonomics topics will also be covered in ongoing training.
The OMR will function as a part of the larger team onsite, helping to provide assistance with all first aid needs and support operations as needed. This includes attending weekly associate committee meetings, greeting all new hires for the site, either within a group setting at New Hire Orientation or through one-on-one interaction. The OMR will also participate, as needed in incident investigations and weekly case management review meetings. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide triage, first aid, and/or referral to outside medical providers, if indicated.
• Minimize the AA risk of injury through awareness, education and proactive engagement.
• Maintain all records of care provided to AAs.
• Develop a first aid care plan for AAs recovering from an injury, focused on injury improvement, including self-care instructions as needed.
• Facilitate and maintain the workers’ compensation and return to work process for associates with work related injuries.
• Provide daily activity logs and end of shift reports.
• Spend frequent time on the warehouse floor to interact and engage with AAs and managers to coach on observed at-risk work habits.
• Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
• Monitor and ensure appropriate medical supply inventory is maintained.
• Participate in special projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned.
• Willing to be trained to teach first aid, CPR, and AED certification classes.
• Work flexible shifts which could include days, nights, and/or weekends.
• Communicate effectively.
• Display professional behavior.
• Multitask and have exceptional time management skills.
• Work in and embrace inclusive and diverse atmosphere.
• Follow direction, policy, and procedures.
• Maintain composure in emergencies and lead emergency response at the site.
Must have ONE of the following listed below:
The pay range for this position in New York City is $19.13 – $26.30/hour; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Mercy Health Physician Partners is seeking a full-time Neurosurgery Physician Assistant to join our Neuroscience Specialists team located in Muskegon,...Apply For This Job
Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) We have a wonderful Corrections Registered Nurse (RN) opportunity in Florence, AZ Job Details 13 Week...Apply For This Job
The Gastroenterology – High Point Practice is seeking a BC/BE GI Hospitalist Physician to join their growing practice in High Point, NC. Inpatient consults and procedures,...Apply For This Job
HealthWorks-Occupational HealthAdvanced Practice Provider (APP) OpportunityDanville, VA Centra Healthworks is seeking a full-time experienced NP/PA to work 40 hours/week at...Apply For This Job
Why Mayo ClinicMayo Clinic is the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2022-2023) and ranked #1 in more...Apply For This Job
Overview How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the...Apply For This Job