SUMMARY: Implements and supports assigned applications from both the application-user and technical perspectives; provides application support for their assigned application, in addition to providing triage and troubleshooting assistance to the application customers and Service Desk staff.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
1. Obtains and documents software design specification based on user requirements.
2. Analyzes systems compatibility and configures system in accordance with operation and technical requirements.
3. Actively participates in the installation, configuration, and problem resolution for the product.
4. Provides end-user support and training either remotely from the system or onsite.
5. Provides consultation, analysis, evaluation, options, and implementation of workflow changes and improvements.
6. Coordinates follow-through on user requests using established reporting structure. Makes recommendations as needed for system changes and enhancements.
7. Documents and prioritizes all problem reports and documents resolution in accordance with application and Service Desk triage policies, procedures, and Change Control processes.
8. Follows established application support and IS department policies and procedures for change control processes.
9. Is encouraged to participate in and is an active member of appropriate national and local application User or Support groups.
10. Provides trend analysis of problems and documents suggested resolutions to management.
11. Provides application-specific guidance, training and documentation to the Service Desk.
12. Responsible for general problem identification and resolution working with project staff, IS staff, other application analysts and vendors during implementations, upgrades and support.
13.May review and manage various system log files, error reports, alert audit logs, and security access logs, as assigned.
14. Works with Alameda Health System IS and application testing, technical, product, and interface teams to perform assigned testing activities supporting upgrades, enhancements, new functionality, application and system changes, and modifications.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Required Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems, healthcare or other related field.
Required Experience: Four years of experience in a related area; experience with project and cross-functional team coordination, in highly complex, diverse environments; experience with application testing methods and practices; experience communicating across the organization to both IS/ Operational Leaders and customers; hospital and/or other health care application experience.
Preferred Experience: Experience in application implementation using diversified application lines of information systems; experience providing support, training, and/or implementation support for complex projects that require coordination of resource and project planning; experience with electronic health record systems; experience working in a matrix environment with a matrix reporting relationship.
Required Licenses/Certifications: If position is for Epic, certification required within 6 months in the application being supported.